An experienced ADAS System Engineer is sought by a leading manufacturing organisation to join their Automotive Original Equipment division based in Coventry.
CC-DA/EAY3 are responsible for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Highly Automated Driving (HAD) co-located at JLR’s technical centre in Gaydon.
As an ADAS System Engineer for HAD, your day to day duties will include:
- Lead the TJP (Traffic Jam Pilot) integration onto the OEM vehicle platforms.
- Support the system integration and packaging topics for the driver assistance domain control unit.
- Be responsible for the sign off of the TJP function together with OEM. (Validation and Verification of KPI’s).
- Support testing at the customer and internal test facilities. Vehicle, lab car and HiL.
- Customer Interface for System and SW architecture topics
- First point of technical contact for clarifications with OEM and internal.
- Handling of first level of escalation on defects and provide solutions.
- Support of EOL topics for the OEM
- Support technical coordination with different development locations
- Take part in the development of a local engineering team in the UK to provide quick solutions
- Participate in Monthly reviews on project status with stake holders
- Ensure alignment of internal and OEM specifications.
- Attend application meetings at the customer, taking a leading role in influencing the customer
- Support and participate as required in the acquisition of new business in the UK
- Maintain communication in a global project with numerous sites at customer and internal
- Where required, give assistance based on experience to other Engineers working in the department
The successful ADS System Engineer will demonstrate:
- Educated with an Electrical Engineering degree or Software Engineering degree
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in embedded SW systems
- Experience with vehicle and system architectures (CAN, Flex-ray, Ethernet)
- Previous experience ADAS sensors and their integration
- Familiar with ADAS application software and required tools.
- Experience in safety systems.
- Experience of diagnostics and error management
- Experience in all aspects of vehicle test environments
- Valid, full drivers licence therefore able to travel to customer sites
- Able to travel internationally
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work in a diverse team
- Must be flexible and willing to travel
- Knowledge of German language desirable
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure at the customer’s site
- Excellent salary
- Flexible worktime options, benefits and services
- Childcare offers
- Medical services
- employee discounts
- Various sports and health opportunities
- On-site parking
- Catering facilities
- Access to local public transport
- Room for creativity
- Urban infrastructures
- Rural surroundings
ADAS System Engineer
Excellent salary + benefits