An experienced Calibration Engineer is sought by a leading manufacturing organisation to join their Powertrain division based in Coventry.
The powertrain customer team is responsible for the company’s Powertrain Passenger Car sales and application to Jaguar Land Rover. Their Application, Sales and Project Management engineers are located in UK and Germany.
The Application Team calibrate and applicate a variety of functions relating to ECU, FIE and SCR Hardware.
As a Calibration Engineer you will be responsible for the calibration of Fuel Injection, SCR and Sensors that the company delivers on Diesel/hybrid applications.
- Application of Electronically Controlled Diesel Systems
- Checking and potential calibration of responsible functions:- FIE, Diagnostics and Aftertreatment (SCR)
- Support customer with calibration of customer responsible functions
- Data Set/ Calibration building and management
- Identify and document changes for new S/W levels
- Support key meetings between customer and the company
- Keep data base of calibration developments
- Support trouble shooting of customer engines/ vehicles
- Support offsite as required (other customer sites, other company sites, etc)
- Support customer environment test trips (cold, hot, altitude etc)
The successful Calibration Engineer will demonstrate:
- Appropriate engineering degree, e.g. mechanical or electronic
- A knowledge of engine management systems, electronic diesel control calibration, engines, and vehicles
- Knowledge of the organisation’s diesel systems is advantageous
- Extensive knowledge of ECU S/W and associated functionalities
- Calibration/ test experience of engines and vehicles
- Skilled in PC based application tools such as ETAS INCA
- Knowledge of the German language is advantageous
- Valid driving licence
- Able to support internal European trips and global climate test trips
- Flexibility to be based at customer site as necessary
- Good communicator and customer orientated
- Flexibility to travel and work away for 1-3Wks
- Flexibility to work weekends or short notice.
- Excellent salary
- Flexible worktime options, benefits and services
- Childcare offers
- Medical services
- employee discounts
- Various sports and health opportunities
- On-site parking
- Catering facilities
- Access to local public transport
- Room for creativity
- Urban infrastructures
- Rural surroundings
Excellent salary + benefits