An experienced Collections & Debt Recovery Advisor is sought by one of the Midlands’ largest law firms. The award-winning firm has been providing advice to their business and individual clients for nearly two centuries across a diverse range of sectors.
As a Collections Advisor you will provide a first class collection service in order to maximise recovery on overdue balances for a variety of clients. Your day to day duties will include:
- Using the dialler system to facilitate inbound and outbound telephone communication; liaising with customers and third parties to maximise recoveries on overdue balances.
- Successfully assess customer affordability in-line with TCF/FCA guidelines to negotiate realistic repayment plans.
- Achieving set targets in volume collections and productivity KPIs.
- Using the debt management system to accurately record and note details of calls, payment plans and store documents.
- Request templated and draft ad-hoc written communication.
- Submit customer queries to clients, taking ownership and ensuring they are followed through from start to resolution.
- Adhere to DPA and company data security procedures to ensure the full protection of all customer, company and client data.
- Any other duties within the scope and spirit of the post as required.
The successful Collections & Debt Recovery Advisor will demonstrate:
- Proven experience of collections and / or debt recovery
- Understanding of debt recovery processes in a consumer and/or commercial debt sector.
- Confident and assertive communicator on the telephone and be able to successfully negotiate financial payment plans.
- Ability to deliver a straight-forward collection service and demonstrate the ability to work both autonomously and as a team player.
- Excellent IT skills to be able to use our debt management system.
- Telesales or customer services experience in a call centre environment.
- Experience gained in a DCA, Debt Purchaser, Legal, Financial services, and/or Credit Control environment
- Experience within a high volume, process driven, working environment
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays), increasing with length of service (see below)
- Pension (Legal & General) with current contributions at 3% employee and 5% employer. You are also able to make additional voluntary contributions.
- Firm wide performance bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity / paternity leave
- Buy/sell holiday scheme
- Flexible working
- One month’s Firm sick pay
- (Healthcare cash back scheme (Westfield Health) allowing you to claim money back for various medical and therapy treatment costs. The benefit also provides access to:
- free MRI/CT scans
- personal accident cover
- a 24 hour confidential counselling advice line for you and your immediate family
- doctor help line for general advice and second opinions for you and your immediate family
- health club concessions
- rewards portal to access offers and savings on a huge range of goods and services from over 450 retailers
- Annual salary review taking place in March each year
- Training and development including training, guidance and support to develop your role within the Collections team
- Free onsite car parking and onsite staff café
- An active social committee who organise various events throughout the year
Collections & Debt Recovery Advisor
Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
£15,000 (increasing to £16,000 on completion of probation) + benefits