A leading building and construction company seeks an experienced HGV Driver to join their team, based out of their Welham Green depot on a full-time, permanent basis.
As an HGV Driver you will deliver the company’s products in and around the M25. Your day to day duties will include:
- To comply with all drivers hours and Road Transport Directive legislation.
- To load and unload vehicle and maintain safety and security of load at all times.
- To carry out all necessary checks to ensure vehicle is safe and legal and to follow appropriate procedures if it is not.
- To act as company ambassador when dealing with customers.
- To complete all paperwork promptly and accurately as required (include any electronic devices that might be used, scanners, hand held POD etc).
- To plan and adapt routes as necessary and feedback to traffic office on any issues around load planning and routing.
- To operate all vehicle systems including HIAB and Moffett
- To comply with all Health & Safety requirements in depot, on road and at customers’ premises and to take responsibility for ensuring own fitness to drive at all times.
The successful HGV Driver will demonstrate:
- You must hold a full HGV licence with HIAB or Moffett
- Multi-drop experience
- No more than 3 points on your licence (with no previous DD/IN convictions)
- Lorry Mounted Crane “Grab Licence”
- Have full and valid CPC qualifications
- In possession of a digital tachograph card
- Knowledge of driving legislation particularly tachograph requirements
- Physically fit and possess a good level of literacy
- Self-motivated with good planning skills and the ability to show initiative
- Responding effectively to achieve branch targets and performance goals
- Prepared to work flexible hours to meet customer needs
- ?£28,000 £31,500 salary depending on experience
- Hours of work: 6.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday; alternate Saturdays 7.00am to 1.00pm
- 23 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Mobile phone (for business use only)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to full training and development programmes
- Childcare vouchers
Welham Green, Hertfordshire
£28,000 – £31,500 depending on experience + phone + benefits