An experienced Operational Risk Manager is sought by an award-winning law firm to join their team based in Leamington Spa. The firm has been providing advice to their business and individual clients for nearly two centuries across a diverse range of sectors.
As Operational Risk Manager, you will deliver operational compliance with regulatory, legislative and client requirements which include FSA, Ofcom and CSA requirements as well as data protection and anti-money laundering legislation. Your day to day duties will include:
- Ensuring all information required by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is supplied within the set timescales and that Approved Persons are compliant with FCA obligations.
- Ensure incidents are properly investigated and that a proper record is maintained to be reported on to the Compliance, Operational and IT meeting.
- Respond to received complaints and deliver appropriate responses within set timescales and implement remedies to avoid repetition of complaint clause.
- Respond to requests for information under the Data Protection Act and requests to delete information.
- Carrying out checks on new business loads including conflict checks on new matters (up to 500) against the firm’s data base.
- Manage the Quality Assurance process including line management of the Quality & Compliance Assistant.
- Calibrate calls for agents eligible for a bonus and review all account challenges; as well as deliver effective remedies in areas of non-compliance.
- Review workflows within the debt recovery unit to ensure they are kept compliant with up to date regulatory standards.
- Preparing for client audits and due diligence requests by completing pre audit documentation requested and liaising with the client on the day of the audit and implementing remediation on recommendations made.
- Updating training material to ensure it is compliant with legislation and work with the operations team to delivering training.
- Performing due diligence on new and existing suppliers, and undertaking onsite and remote audits.
- Drive, challenge and deliver effective operational controls that achieve compliant operations.
- Periodic reviews of all standard processes including customer communications ensuring we are compliant and processes are working effectively.
- Monthly sessions with Team Leaders, Managers and agents to ensure consistency of marking and that the agents are aware of expectations
- Pro-actively manage and implement changes such as for the introduction of the pre-action protocol.
The successful Operational Risk Manager will demonstrate:
- Ability to work in busy and fast paced professional environment
- Excellent knowledge of debt collection rules and regulations (including FCA and DPA).
- Ideally experienced in a compliance, audit or quality environment in an operational risk capacity.
- Applicants will be required to complete a credit and DBS check.
- Up to £40,000 salary
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays, increasing to 25 with length of service
- Company backed pension scheme
- Firm wide performance bonus scheme
- Training & development
- Healthcare scheme
- Free on-site car parking
- On-site café
- Active social committee
- Childcare vouchers
- Working hours 9am to 5:30pm; Monday to Friday
Operational Risk Manager
Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Up to £40,000 depending on experience + benefits