An experienced Social Media & Content Assistant is sought by a leading hair salon and retail chain. With over 250 salons in the UK, they are looking for an accomplished Social Media professional to join their team based in Coventry.
As a Social Media & Content Assistant your day to day duties will include:
- Champion, develop and grow social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn. Use of social media management platform Sprout Social.
- Post at frequencies applicable to each audience and engaging in conversation.
- Respond to social media enquiries and complaints
- Monitor and feed back on allocated budgets for social media advertising based on best return on investment.
- Create engaging content for social media (e.g. social media videos) while facilitating techniques for user generated content creation and utilisation
- Encourage audiences back to the website to generate conversions
- Develop an appropriate tone of voice for each channel.
- Assist with curating content such as blogs, product descriptions, photography and videos. This entails working independently to liaise with other areas of the business such as the stylists themselves, creative teams, merchandise, designers and e-commerce.
- Develop links with influencers such as leading bloggers.
- Outreach to existing groups and networks appropriate to our target audience.
- Be fully conversant with each platform from a technical point of view and create, maintain and share analysis of the effectiveness of each channel and their contribution to key goals of salon visits and revenue generation.
- Report back on progress and KPI metrics through regular updates to the Senior Social Media and Content Executive. Maintain weekly dashboard documenting key metrics such as reach and engagement, as well as a weekly schedule of social media posts.
- Monitor developments in the world of social media to identify fresh opportunities e.g. new channels or trends.
- Provide social media support at salons nationwide as and when required.
- Fully conversant with WordPress and comfortable with adding, editing and proof-reading content in a timely fashion, as well as editing and adding appropriate images.
- To demonstrate and foster personal interest in hair, beauty and fashion.
The successful Social Media & Content Assistant will demonstrate:
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline or qualified by equivalent experience.
- English language to GCSE.
- Active and experienced user of key platforms: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and WordPress.
- Work, including administrative, experience ideally in a busy office environment.
- Use of social media management platforms: Sprout Social.
- Experience of updating website content or willing to learn.
- Technical competence using digital platforms.
- Proven ability to acquire rapid understanding of new platforms and technology.
- Ability to work comfortably with both the written word and with images.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audiences effectively both verbally and in writing.
- £16,000 – £18,000 salary
- 3% pension contribution
- 1 x salary Death in Service
- 50% discount on hair services
- Access to company’s online flexible benefits website
- Free on-site parking
- Easily commutable via public transport (from the train station and via regular buses)
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Social Media & Content Assistant
£16,000 – £18,000 + benefits