An experienced Training Officer is sought by an award-winning law firm to train and develop their Debt Recovery team based in Leamington Spa. The firm has been providing advice to their business and individual clients for nearly two centuries across a diverse range of sectors.
The Debt Recovery team has significant experience in recovering debts on behalf of banks, financial and insurance institutions, corporates, retailers, SMEs and individual traders.
As a Training Officer you will ensure that all staff within the debt recovery department has the customer service and administration, skills, knowledge and expertise needed to discharge the responsibilities of their role.
The role will combine high quality design and delivery of training with side by side performance coaching to maintain knowledge and competence.
The Training Officer will also provide staff with training, support and development for their continued improvement towards achieving high performance, targets, efficiency and productivity whilst also supporting the operational management of the department.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and provide induction and role based training activities ensuring that all employees leave training with a complete understanding of their role and the necessary skills and knowledge required to fulfil their position.
- Ensure that employees’ training needs are assessed at the outset of employment and at regular intervals (including if their role changes) thereafter.
- Listen in to calls and provide feedback to employees on their performance and offer advise where needed.
- Provide appropriate training, coaching and support to employees to ensure that any relevant training and development needs are satisfied.
- Liaise with clients and implement any client changes communicating these to the department.
- Keep training logs and policies and procedures up-to-date.
- Keep Team Leaders apprised of staff training & development needs and outcomes.
- Conduct training needs analysis, liaising with the Operations Risk Manager and the Head of Operations to identify trends and focus areas for training.
- Design and expand training and development programmes based on the needs of the organisation and the individuals within the department.
- Have an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, be involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages.
- Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and present this research.
The successful Training Officer will demonstrate:
- Previous training experience ideally within a Debt Collection or Finance environment
- Demonstrable experience working in a regulated environment
- Proven ability in improving team performance through coaching and development including morale and interpersonal skills.
- Applicants will be required to complete a credit and DBS check at interview stage.
- £20,000 – £25,000 salary
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Bonus scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- On-site restaurant
- Active social committee
- Free on-site car parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Training and development
- Hours of work 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday