A Business Development Manager in Rugs is sought to join a market leader in the design and manufacture of a range of end woven woollen rugs. My client is now seeking to recruit a dynamic, proven sales driven professional to grow the UK retail B2B market. They are planning their next stage of growth by moving the business forward and penetrating new geographical regions across the UK as well as maintaining and increasing their present markets.
The Business Development Manager in rugs will develop new customers in the retail B2B space with key retail brands and strengthen those customer relationships year on year and ensure any leads are converted. This role is critical to new sales generation. In the execution of this role you will develop and grow market share within our client’s rug business.
Reporting to the MD the successful Business Development Manager will be expected to deliver against a demanding but achievable revenue target. This requires an exceptional motivated sales individual who can drive sales via an agreed strategy and sales planning.
- Focused on delivering sustainable profitable growth in all regions as well as first class customer service.
- Building strong relationships with key retail clients.
- Identify and qualify key contacts within high profile customers across the UK.
- Develop existing customers base and well as new business growth via following up and converting sales leads as well as territory business development.
- Evaluating market trends and implementing commercial strategies that will enable the business to successfully enter new markets and broaden the service portfolio.
- Travel to sites throughout the UK is expected on a regular basis as face to face meetings are a must within this client base within the UK.
The Successful Business Development Manager - Rugs:
- Demonstrate successful B2B retail sales experience in rugs
- Have an established track record in selling rugs in the soft flooring industry
- Minimum of 5 years in rugs and carpets.
- A good understanding of your route to market.
- Prospective candidates will be of graduate calibre with a demonstrable track record of success in sales at a senior level ideally in high end rugs, soft furnishings or interior design services or affiliated products.
- Experience of managing a UK account base.
- A good command of working independently, setting priorities, multi-tasking effectively and accuracy to meet deadlines.
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding business goals is a pre-requisite.
- Of equal importance are strong commercial awareness that will impact and influence the performance and effectiveness of this high growth business.
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills is a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- MS Office proficient to intermediate level
- Attractive salary plus fantastic bonus
- Home based with UK travel as required
- Company car
- Company Pension (you 3%), (client 6%)
- X4 Life Assurance
- 5 hrs per week
- Company discounts on goods
- 33 days holiday including statutory
Retail Sales B2B| Carpets & Rugs |Business Development| Area Sales Manager| Sales Executive| New Business |