Salary: to £40k DOE+ Benefits
Our Client is world renowned as a producer of entertainment gaming equipment around the globe and can be found in prestigious gaming and entertainment resorts, to smaller exclusive clubs. They are now looking for a C / C++ Developer to join their already existing team in York
Reporting to the Hardware Development Manager:
- You will have at least two years’ experience in developing embedded products in C and C++.
- You will be joining a rapidly growing team designing and developing cutting edge systems for the gaming industry.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player with a passion for development and have the ability to learn new skills/languages as required.
- This role has a lot of scope for progression for the right candidate with a strong work ethic and leadership qualities.
- We adopt a fun and enthusiastic work environment so a similar outlook combined with a can-do attitude would be beneficial to fitting into our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIRED SKILLS
- Embedded C and C++ software development of electro-mechanical products
- Low level programming of micro-controller hardware modules and registers
- High level programming of complex API on embedded targets
- Experience of Atmel / PIC / Nordic microcontrollers and development environments
- Control of electro-mechanical systems and real-time systems
- Bluetooth Low Energy communication networks
- Arduino Software Architecture
- CAN, Ethernet, UART, and Serial Data Bus Networks
- Electronic Circuit Design
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Electronic, Mechanical and Platform Software Engineers, and Product Innovators
- A proven track record of adopting and building upon legacy code
OTHER DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS
- A strong degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
- You must be passionate about technology, love programming and be excited by the opportunity to learn new technologies
- You should possess good communication skills as the role requires some interaction with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You should have the ability to learn the existing API within 6 months
- You should have the ability to create reusable code where possible
- Your code must be readable and of high quality
- You will be expected to meet agreed deadlines for code completion
- All roles are based in York with the possibility of some remote working at times
- Regional applicants or living within a commutable distance of York only will be considered
- 23 days holidays per year plus statutory
- Life Assurance – 4 times salary
- Pension scheme 3% employer 5% employee contribution
- EAP Helpline
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work
- Free Parking
Embedded C and C++| electro-mechanical products |Nordic Microcontrollers |CAN |Ethernet | UART |Serial Data Bus Networks| Linux