Commercial Analyst – UK Operations
Preferably Yorkshire but flexible on location for the right candidate
c£50,000 + Car allowance + Bonus Scheme
Augean Limited is a UK specialist in managing hard to handle wastes at its treatment and disposal infrastructure, focussing on delivering the best environmental outcomes. Augean is a market leader serving the renewable energy, construction, nuclear and radioactive, processing and manufacturing, oil and gas, and industrial cleaning sectors. Following its success story leading to new ownership, the business has entered its next exciting phase of evolvement, as the group optimises current business activity and identifies new business acquisitions to complement and support its long-term strategy. A new, high-profile and development opportunity has been created within Augean’s Commercial team to add value and deliver tactical commercial strengths by analysing, identifying, and supporting growth opportunities across their business interests.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Director and working with stakeholders and management, you will possess a can-do attitude, be an effective, confident, and a robust communicator. As an integral part of the commercial team, who have a common goal, your key accountabilities will include.
- Undertake market and company assessments relating to Augean’s market sectors both current and new targets.
- Undertake pricing analysis on Augean’s commercial activities, and working with Augean colleagues, implement pricing adjustments and subsequently review and adjust where necessary.
- As part of the team, support the project management of commercial due diligence relating to M&A activity.
- Project manage key commercial projects where required.
- Provide contingency support, where required, to the Commercial team.
- Deliver against all budgeted and annual targets, developing plans to address opportunities and any visible shortfalls.
- Work collaboratively with other divisions and business units within Augean to deliver synergy value.
- Keep informed of industry developments and innovation in relation to customers, competitors, and suppliers.
- Maintain continuous professional development and competence for the role.
We are searching for a bright graduate who has a can-do attitude with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a commercial analytical role. You will not only be an excellent communicator but bring experience across adding value to commercial activities. The ideal candidate will bring a demonstrable strong track record across conducting market and company assessments, Pricing analysis, Commercial due diligence and working with systems and data, interpreting, and effectively translating and explaining data. You will be confident and a people person who can build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels and at the same time drive results across this operational and multi-site business. If you are now seeking to grow your reputation and develop your success and skills further in this new and rare opportunity, then we look forward to hearing from you. Key requirements and soft skills.
- Educated to at least degree level with 5 years minimum experience in adding value in a commercial analytical role.
- Good command of the English language and strong track record in writing and formulating business reports and presentations with financial analysis.
- Effective at business planning and quantitative and analytical ability.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to succinctly explain issues utilising your strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Innovative, persistent, and tenacious.
- Decision-making and creative in problem solving.
- Ability to influence and implement effectively.
- Team working.
- Full UK drivers’ licence. Ability to travel as and when appropriate as this is a UK operational business.
- Ability and capacity to develop through results and reputation.
Augean is a progressive employer that values its people and recognises that people make the difference so employing and developing the right people supports their positive culture and prosperity. In return, for the right candidate, we can offer career progression, skill development and direction to support your longer term needs and aspirations. If you feel you have a can-do attitude combined with the necessary skills, experience, and knowledge, then please forward a detailed CV in confidence to our retained partners Harbury Consulting for the attention of our lead consultant Hardeep Lall. If you wish to have a private and confidential discussion prior to your application or wish to establish the recruitment timetable, then please call... No Agencies - To ensure a fair and consistent process all third-party applications will be redirected to Harbury Consulting.