Commercial M&A Executive
Executive Salary DOE + Car allowance and benefits
Northants/Bucks (travel) - Home based initially
Our client, Energy Developments Limited (UK), is part of EDL an Australian based clean and remote energy company. Since they began, over 30 years ago, their business has been fuelled by a different kind of energy. A passionate and driven entrepreneurial spirit that has sparked many innovative solutions and created an energy portfolio of unparalleled diversity. EDL manages a global portfolio of power stations in Australia, North America and Europe. EDL are a leading global producer of sustainable distributed energy. They are part of the Cheung Kong Group, with operations in 52 countries, employing 313,000 people and with a market cap of >£50bn. EDL owns and operates 11 assets in UK/Europe (10 landfill gas power stations in the UK), which sell into the wholesale market as well as generate revenue from green energy credits.
Due to expansion plans to grow their UK portfolio, they are now planning to diversify operations within renewable programmes, hence, a new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commercial M&A Executive. Reporting to the UK General Manager and the group Corporate Business Development function in Australia, you will work as an integral member of the UK management team to ensure growth plans are executed and achieved. Your activities will include identifying, assessing, negotiating, finalising, organising and planning all acquisitions actives making sure that they are sound and in line with expectations and expected standards. As a key management team member, you will contribute to the operations and growth of the company and provide support to the UK leadership team above and beyond your role, performing other duties such as managing key changes and mentoring of staff. Key responsibilities include:
• Identifying, evaluating and developing new business opportunities in EDL’s UK / Europe business
• The expansion of the existing UK / Europe business within EDL consistent with EDL’s growth strategy and its Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
• The development of all opportunities related to the growth strategy, with both existing and new clients
• Gaining, developing and maintaining knowledge of day-to-day power generation, methane abatement and biogas market developments and related activities, including government incentive schemes
• Developing an understanding of existing and potential competitors in these markets and identifying EDL’s competitive advantage to assess the opportunities identified and recommend where EDL should focus its development activities
• Initiating appropriate action to gain maximum advantage of sound opportunities
• Effectively managing new projects, acquisitions or joint ventures, including co-ordinating inter-disciplinary input across the EDL business and third party advisers
• Negotiating and concluding transactions and organic projects with clients and partners
• Effectively leading or supporting strategic studies, investigating marketplaces & industry trends
• Undertaking economic, technical and financial analysis
• Contribution to the operations and growth of the company as a member of the UK leadership team
This is a great opportunity to lead and contribute to the growth plans whilst being an integral and key member of the UK leadership team. It will be important that you have the right can do attitude and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate effectively, thoughtfully, and on your feet with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organisational levels. You will have the ability to think strategically and creatively whilst maintaining a level of detail and driving tactical execution. Whilst being a team player you will be self-responsible and be an independent thinker who can make articulate and convincing information-based arguments.
• Graduate calibre – Graduate business or finance degree and professional certifications such as CCAB/MBA would be beneficial.
• The ideal candidate has extensive experience in transactional or strategic advisory and experience in corporate development and/or other operational roles from within Waste to energy/Renewable/Energy/utilities or relative sector
• Experience managing or supporting the M&A processes for a wide variety of transactions and complexity.
• Excellent organisational and project management skills; able to track and manage complex processes from start to finish
• Ability to drive and complete projects cross-functionally
• Economic and financial modelling in a commercial environment
• Market assessment, risk analysis and strategic planning
• Regulatory influences and responses in energy markets
• Bid construction, tendering and auction procedures, including acquisitions
• Joint venture management and negotiation
• Complex contract negotiation, administration and management
• Experience of conducting business within different countries and varying cultural contexts
• A working knowledge of the stock market and takeover regulations
• Relationship Management skills
If you feel you have the capacity to contribute to this renewable business, then please forward a detailed CV in confidence to the retained partners Harbury Consulting for the attention of Hardeep Lall our lead consultant. In the meantime, if you require a confidential discussion prior to your application, then please contact us on 01327 317705 to arrange a convenient time.
No Agencies – Harbury Consulting are Energy Developments (UK) Ltd retained and exclusive Search and Selection partner. To ensure a fair and consistent process all third party applications will be redirected to Harbury Consulting.