Credit Controller or Customer Service Advisor (willing to be trained) is sought by a leading, national recruitment company to join their head office team near Coventry. Due to business growth a further credit controller with customer service experience is required to join the established team near Coventry and close to the NEC.
As Credit Controller, you’ll be responsible for providing credit control services to all company customers. Reporting to the Credit Control Manager and Team Leader, your duties will include:
- Providing a credit control service to Clients and designated Branches.
- Regular contact with peers, clients and suppliers outside the company to collect outstanding debts quickly and efficiently before legalities need to be instigated.
- Collect monies from designated accounts by telephone, correspondence, fax or email.
- Resolving disputes on invoices by liaising with the branches and clients.
- Analyse reports
- Account reconciliation
- Meet monthly targets
- Evaluate when accounts need to move into a legal situation
- Occasional client visits may be required but mainly conducted by Skype/Teams meeting
- Generating reports for senior management as required
The successful Credit Controller or Customer Service Advisor should have the following:
- Previous credit control experience in a medium to large organisation is desirable, not essential.
- Strong customer service experience is essential. (you will be given credit control training).
- Demonstrate clear & concise communication when negotiating with clients on credit control issues.
- IT Literacy: Excel, Word and various bespoke packages.
- Ability to analyse verbal information and accounts to evaluate bad debts.
- Cool and calm demeanour.
- Personal commitment to meet and where appropriate surpass customers’ expectations by sensitively negotiating ways of reducing debts to satisfy both parties.
- Ability to analyse reports and communicate results.
- The ability to prioritise tasks anticipating difficulties & making contingency plans to recover debts.
- Determination to set and meet specific targets which represent a significant challenge.
- Conscientious, efficient, organised, with strong attention to detail regarding credit control.
- Confidence when making decisions and confronting difficult issues about customer accounts.
- Understanding of the formal structure and hierarchy of the company, working within the standard operating procedures, rules and regulations to ensure best practice.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and have a clear and confident telephone manner.
- £23,000 basic salary
- Share scheme
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Hours of work 9-5.30 Monday to Thursday, 9-5 Friday
- Free onsite parking, multiple social activities
- Excellent Training & progression opportunities
- Support for recognised qualifications in credit control CICM after time served
- State of the art office environment
Excellent salary + benefits
Credit control | Finance | Debt collection | Sales Ledger | Customer Service | Contact Centre