Finance Manager sought by a world leading manufacturer of automotive components to join their team based in Sunderland.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, as Finance Manager you’ll play a key role in ensuring that the plant achieves its financial objectives and reports accurate information in relation to costs, spend, budget etc. Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and direct financial team to ensure plant and departmental KPIs are met.
- Ensure compliance to all legal requirements that are defined by HMRC and other statutory bodies.
- Lead on the finance plan preparation for annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and monthly outlook.
- Take ownership in delivering bridge reports of actual against plan.
- Own the integrity of supporting data that supports plan preparation.
- Provide accurate and timely financial reports as required by business, provide information and present to Plant Manager and group finance.
- Work with commercial accountants to manage price and cost evolution for commercial, economics and currency.
- Drive team to ensure month end and year end reporting is accurate and timely
- Ensure the finance team are fully competent through training and appropriate certification / qualifications.
- Deliver a VSA for Finance and related functions with a road map for improvement.
- Work closely with other departmental heads to continually improve the quality of service to the plant and ultimately the business performance.
- Work with and support the other senior managers to ensure that the business and plant objectives are met.
- Facilitate employee development reviews for the team through the Performance Manger Tool and ensure regular reviews/feedback takes place to help team achieve goal status and development plans.
- Participate in scheduled and adhoc management meetings and organise regular team meetings to support 360 communications
- Manage plant spend and ensure all departmental heads work within plant and departmental budgetary constraints/ requirements ensuring their full compliance with all purchasing, finance and PSL systems and procedures.
- Promote and implement measures for continuous improvement and cost reduction.
- Join in the plant’s wider strategy to deliver 5S, HPT and other lean initiatives.
- Adhere to all corporate initiatives and legal requirements including SOX, Ethics, LEM.
- Manage and authorise teams’ holidays to ensure the department is fully manned with the necessary skills to support key planning and reporting dates.
- Manage employee performance through the appropriate forums and systems.
The successful Finance Manager will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- CIMA qualified
- Minimum 2 years management in the automotive industry
- Knowledge and experience of SAP
- Experience of managing a small team
- IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft packages and systems and processes associated with this role
- Self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Conscientious, methodical and able to work under own initiative
- Task orientated with the ability to build effective relationships
- Excellent salary depending on experience
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employee wellbeing programme
- Flexible working
- Enhanced pension scheme and Death in Service benefits
- Access to employee discounts
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Onsite facilities
- Ongoing training and career development
Sunderland, Tyne & Wear
Excellent salary + benefits