An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior Graphic Designer to join a marketing team for a leading financial services provider based in York. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the successful Junior Graphic Designer will be responsible for assisting in the design and development of both digital and printed material consistent with the company’s brand guidelines.
Candidates wishing to be considered must provide a portfolio demonstrating experience in this field and demonstrate strong conceptual ideas and creativity in line with our corporate voice / brand message.
- Working with in-house web developers, content writers and other designers to deliver a market-leading customer journey.
- Create and develop digital assets including web banners, videos, infographics, illustrations, emails etc.
- Design and produce print collateral including advertising for specialised publications, inserts, etc.
- Create e-newsletters and promotional email marketing using MailChimp or similar online platform.
- Create artworks for use on social media channels.
- Work as part of the Marketing team to deliver items to agreed timescales.
- Remaining up to date with web design best practice and industry trends and developments.
The successful Junior Graphic Designer will demonstrate:
- Relevant qualifications in Graphic Design or related subject.
- Detailed knowledge of dedicated web, visual or UI design.
- At least 1 year experience in producing print ready and digital ad designs.
- High skills level in using Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience of working within an environment dedicated to optimising the user experience (UX).
- Experience of design for social media campaigns, both paid (Facebook) and organic.
- Knowledge of how design work can translate to implementable solutions in web and mobile.
- Excellent portfolio showcasing print and digital work
Benefits for a Junior Graphic Designer:
- Up to £22,000 salary with regular pay reviews
- Government workplace Pension
- Hours 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Up to 33 days holiday including bank holidays plus long-service increase
- Great flexi-time available (currently still remote working)
- Free onsite gym
- Free parking
- Free Work wear (polo shirt)
- On site creche
- Staff discount
- A real knowledge share environment
- A relaxed working environment
- Due to office location, a driving licence and car are essential
Junior Graphic Designer
York, North Yorkshire
Up to £22,000 + Excellent benefits
Adobe Creative Suite | InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator | UX UI| Videos, Web Banners, Infographics| e-newsletters and email marketing | Print Collateral | create and develop| social media campaigns Facebook