Logistics Planner – Transport Builders Merchants
We have a great opportunity for a Transport/Logistics Administrator with relevant experience in a builders merchants or similar role. Joining our growing Organisation, we will require you to co-ordinate activities within the Transport team, to ensure our deliveries go out on time. Reporting to the head of operations you will:
• Populate runs for all 13 vehicles.
• Inform sales team when deliveries are full.
• Update run sheets on shared drive.
• Maximise delivery runs for each vehicle.
• Convert picking notes into delivery notes.
• Print drivers daily control sheet for first runs only.
• Action back orders.
• Prepare drivers document box with correct contents including keys.
• Manage drivers start of duty and departure time in the morning.
• Monitor driver's performance through vehicle tracking system.
• Assist drivers with on-site delay.
• Inform customers and sales team with delivery delays.
• Maintain reloading time to; tippers 15 minutes, grabs 20 minutes and artic 30 minutes.
• Control return of control sheet, PODs / collection notes.
Person Specification and Experience
• Experience logistics planning ideally within the Construction Industry
• Excellent IT skills
• A highly competent communicator
• High attention to detail
• Good time-management skills
• This is a great opportunity to grow into the role with a view to becoming the Transport Manager in due course
Salary: £27,000 to £30,000
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5:00pm with alternate Saturdays 7:00am to 1:00pm
Logistics | logistics planner | supply chain| Transport planner