An experienced Maintenance Technician is sought by a world leading manufacturer of automotive components to join their team based in Sunderland.
As a Maintenance Technician you will provide support in ensuring the efficient and effective operation of all plant facilities.
Reporting via the Maintenance Team Leader as part of the Operations Support Team, the successful candidates will be responsible for carrying out a variety of tasks including responding to breakdowns, recording and analysing of data, continuous improvement activities, TPM, working with robots, pneumatic/hydraulic systems, and PLC’s etc. This is a rotational 3 shift based role.
Your day to day duties will include:
• Reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader as part of an Operations Support team.
• Responsible for maintenance of the assembly equipment and of the site facilities as and when required.
• Respond to breakdowns as and when they occur on the assembly equipment on an urgent basis.
• Close liaison with the Manufacturing Engineer in introduction of changes which affect facilities, safety or environment.
• Responsible for the recording and analysing of data from equipment failures.
• Responsible for liaising with, working with outside contractors.
• Responsible for planning and carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance activities.
• Assist operations in improving uptime on the equipment and producing statistics for recording purposes.
• Develop and introduce parts presentation facilities using workshop skills.
• Working with Fanuc robot and ABB, pneumatic/ hydraulic systems, conveyor systems and working at height.
• PLC problem solving and programming, 16th Edition regs minimum.
• Any other duties that may be individually defined in addition to the above.
The successful Maintenance Technician will demonstrate:
• HNC/Degree Engineering or equivalent qualification is desirable
• Experience of working as part of a maintenance team in a fast moving manufacturing environment preferably automotive JIT.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Good interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and achieve business objectives.
• Clear concise and appropriate communication style both written and verbal.
Sunderland, Tyne & Wear
Excellent salary + benefits