Manufacturing Engineer sought by a world leading manufacturer of automotive components to join their team based in Burton on Trent. This role will involve providing manufacturing engineering expertise to the assembly processes and driving the plant forward by applying continuous improvement techniques.
- Support the launch of new products and processes.
- Carry out DFAM and PFMEA analysis on current and future processes.
- Write process specifications and make recommendations to aid ergonomics.
- Work with cross functional teams to review and continually improve processes and equipment.
- Use industrial engineering methods (MTM) to calculate assembly times and labour efficiency.
- Create production equipment and tooling specifications, purchase and manage projects through until commission and install.
- Support maintenance with contingency planning / alternative process activities.
- Degree in Engineering (manufacturing or industrial).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a similar role in a fast-paced environment.
- OEM or tier 1 automotive experience is desirable.
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer (Microsoft suite / CAD) and PLC software skills.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Budgeting, cost control and project management for capital projects.
- Previous experience of robotics / automation.
- High competitive Salary (will divulge on enquiry or application)
- Days role - Monday - Friday, typically 0800-1620 with ability to flex for early finish Friday (non contractual) 39 hours/week
- 26 days Holiday plus bank holidays, rising with service
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire – commutable from Burton on Trent, Derby, Ashby de la Zouch, Lichfield, Uttoxeter, Tamworth, Walsall, Coleshill, Sutton Coldfield etc
Excellent salary + benefits
Manufacturing Engineer | Engineering Supervisor | Maintenance Manager | Maintenance Supervisor| Automotive| Robotics | Plc software |Lean Manufacturing