Production Operatives are sought on an ongoing temporary basis to join the manufacturing team in Sunderland for a world leading supplier of automotive components.
As a Manufacturing Team Member you will work 2-shift patterns Days and Lates and overtime available at T x 1.5
This position reports to the Production First Line Manager and is responsible for processing parts that are acceptable to customer's specification in the required time to meet customer scheduled and sequenced requirements.
• Follows Safe Working Practices, Safety Instructions and Safety Procedures.
• Wears the correct P.P.E.
• Uses equipment tools and fixtures appropriately.
• Reports all near misses and accidents in line with the Accident Reporting Procedure.
• Producing assemblies and components in line with an agreed Takt.
• Follows Standardised methods of working.
• Supports the Continuous Improvement Process.
• Work to agreed quality requirements.
• Strives to achieve Right First Time.
• Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Support with the training of new team members in the safe operation of the production processes to enable work rotation whilst maintaining correct build and quality.
• Support as required the completion of documentation, including shift information, completion of ODS
• Understands Key Performance indicators.
• Highlights material shortages and has an understanding of Kanban and material flow.
• Ensure a high level of housekeeping at all times.
• Is flexible and supports changes in the work place.
• Works co-operatively in teams.
• Is receptive to change and supports others through change.
• Can support overtime requests as required by business needs.
• 2 shift pattern Days & Lates
• Temporary Contract
• Overtime and Weekend work mandatory (paid at premium overtime rates T x 1.5)