Parts Advisor (automotive sales parts company)
Location: Oldbury, West Midlands
Salary: £20,467.20 - £23,462.40
Our client is seeking a Parts Advisor from the motor trade to work in their busy sales department, mainly on the phones.
Our client comprises two of the most established market leaders in the car parts industry. We supply parts for Jaguar, Daimler, MG, Triumph, Morris Minor and MX5 cars. They are dedicated to providing superior quality, value and choice and a desire for excellence is at the heart of this commitment. They export globally to strict deadlines with well-established systems and are seeking an Parts Advisor to provide first class customer service to all our customers within this £12 million turnover family business during an exciting time of planned growth.
- The ideal candidate will need to have an understanding of motor vehicle mechanics and have worked in a sales and customer service role previously.
- You will take and process orders through various communication channels in a highly professional and polite manner, often high volume phone calls.
- You will also use our sales systems for business development by using your initiative to identify sales leads and opportunities with customers based on the data you find within the systems.
- You will work with a dedicated team providing excellent customer service at all times.
- You will also build strong relationships with internal departments in order to undertake your job role effectively and efficiently.
- Liaise with customers via all communication channels including by telephone, email, face to face and through our website
- Establish customers’ requirements for parts availability and delivery
- Take orders and payments, raise purchase requisitions and liaise with credit control
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships through all communication channels
- Maintaining and providing comprehensive product information to customers
- Understanding and demonstrating customer care and high levels of customer service
- Confidently making and closing sales, looking for link selling opportunities where appropriate and identifying new business opportunities
- Visit customers as required
- Use internal stock control, customer relationship management and sales systems
- Represent DMG at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations and carry out the above tasks as required
- Match outputs with customer requirements as appropriate
- Understanding of motor vehicle mechanics is essential
- An understanding of internal stock control, customer relationship management and sales systems
- Polite and professional communication style to all stakeholders
- Enthusiastic, reliable and flexible team player that conducts themselves professionally
- Able to work to deadlines and manage time effectively
- High attention to detail
- Effective communicator
- 40 hours per week, usual hours: 9.00am- 5.30pm Monday to Friday with 40 minute break, however there may be a requirement to work additional hours, including evenings and weekends as required by the business.
- This is your chance to work for a supportive family run business who has a strong ethos on employee wellbeing
- Salary: £20,467.20 - £23,462.40
- 22 days per annum plus statutory days
- Birthday day off
- Holiday purchase scheme (2 days)
- Healthcare cashback plan
- Pension scheme (auto enrolment)
- Opportunity for overtime
- Free parking
Parts advisor | motor parts| telephone sales | internal sales| autom