Production Operative sought to join the newly formed environmentally friendly Wood briquettes team at our client’s established biomass-fuelled 2.6MW generation plant in Eccleshall, Stafford. Our client is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Biomass plant and reuse waste heat from the plant to produce log briquettes, a replacement for coal and charcoal for domestic and commercial use sold in retail and garage outlets.
- Set up the log press
- Monitor performance of screw presses
- Ensure automated bunding and strap machine is working to meet production targets
- Removing pallets of hot logs into cooling store using the FLT
- Returning cooled logs of pallets to wrapping machine for wrapping before storing for onward sale using FLT
- The Applicant should have experience from a production operative environment
- Some mechanical handling or practical experience in conveyors and running process machines including changing strap cartridges, film material, labels would be advantageous
- You will be numerate and literate and a team player (3 in a shift rota, 2 on rest days) and happy to work shifts and on your own.
- Eight hour shifts of 6-2, 2-10, 10-6
- Ability to drive a FLT with current valid license
- You will be a reliable individual, a good team player but happy to work on your own with a willingness to learn and have an interest in clean renewable energy.
- Due to the location of the plant you will need to be car owner/driver, they are not located near a public transport route.
- Base salary £26,400, additional earning potential to £33K if the production target is achieved - 10,000 logs per annum as a team.
- Full training programme of 12 weeks for new employees
- Salary paid on 220 shifts period per year, with 175 shifts rostered per year and 45 shift for providing maintenance and shift cover for colleagues
- Shift Pattern: 6 days on, 4 days off with a weekly average of 29.6 hours per week
- 7 weeks paid holiday allowance
- 3 weeks scheduled Preventative Planned Maintenance (PPM) x 7 per year
- Remaining shifts to cover for team members on holiday as required (still paid if not required to cover)
- Monthly or quarterly production target bonus
- Nest Pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- No entitlement to carry forward annual leave
- To start in January 2023
£26,400 starting salary to £33,000 which includes production target bonuses + benefits
Renewable Energy | Green Replacement Fuel | Production Operative | Wood Fuel | Manufacturing|