Quality Engineer is sought by a world leader in the manufacture of automotive components. The company provides quality products, services and solutions worldwide with customers in over 150 countries. Our client is looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join the team at this fast-paced plant close to Walsall.
Reporting to the Quality Manager you will take part in the implementation of World Class Quality Systems and liaise with Customers and Plant for all quality issues relating to current products and new product development.
- Monitor customer quality concerns – data collection and reporting.
- Effectively maintain customer roadmaps and glide paths to improve customer performance.
- Identify and close out repetitive concerns, create action plans to improve performance.
- Discuss / negotiate specific concern boundary samples and adherence protecting both business and customer.
- Analyses customer returns, concerns and defects found in the production.
- Liaise with manufacturing to initiate and close out concerns.
- Prepare and maintain control plan for components and complete products.
- Perform Capability Studies and Parts and Process Audits.
- PPAP preparation – documentation and presentation.
- Perform Gage Studies (Gage R&R, Bias, Linearity and Stability) before gage is approved for production tests or after product change (when applicable).
- Other reasonable tasks and responsibilities as are normally encompassed in the quality function.
- Ensure that continuous improvement is made in all production MEQ quality deliverables e.g. RPPM, CPPM, IPPM, SPPM, COPQ and warranty/JD Power.
- Ensure that customer and internally identified quality issues are resolved using company problem solving methods e.g. 8D Report, ‘PSD’ (Problem Solving Document), PCAD, Kepner-Tregoe etc.
- Ensure that all quality activities are performed according to BOS, IATF 16949, and ISO 9000, ISO 14001 etc.
- Support the continuous improvement of the Operator Description Sheets (ODS)
- Identify and use the appropriate statistical tools, coach, mentor and train team members in the use of statistical applications and techniques.
· In addition to the above-mentioned responsibilities, other activities and duties may be individually defined.
- Excellent communication skills
- A Bachelor’s degree is required or equivalent
- Must be a self-starter, able to work on own initiative, with drive and enthusiasm.
- Able to deliver under pressure and prioritise workload
- Must hold a current driving licence.
- Should have significant experience in the Automotive Industry and in a Quality role within a high volume, manufacturing environment.
- Specific education and training in Quality disciplines including as a minimum ISO 9000, Continuous Improvement, Total Quality Management, PPAP, FMEA, Control plans, DOE and SPC are also required.
Benefits on offer
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Basic working hours will be 40 hrs/week to be worked Monday to Friday.
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- On-site facilities including car park and canteen
- Access to employee discounts via My Staff Shop App
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Employee Wellbeing programme