Sales & Aftersales Manager sought by a group comprising two of the most established market leaders in the car parts industry. They supply parts for Jaguar, Daimler, MG, Triumph, Morris Minor and MX5 cars. They are dedicated to providing superior quality, value and choice and a desire for excellence is at the heart of this commitment.
They export globally to strict deadlines with well-established systems and are seeking an Parts Advisor to provide first class customer service to all their customers within the £12 million turnover family business during an exciting time of planned growth.
You will manage a busy sales and aftersales team by achieving growth and hitting targets. You will successfully manage the team by assessing their strengths and weaknesses. You will also work in conjunction in setting targets for the team with the Managing Director.
As Sales & Aftersales Manager you will help grow the company’s revenue stream by using your own skill and the leadership of a team of driven Sales Advisors and Aftersales Executives.
This is your chance to work for a supportive family-run business who has a strong ethos on employee wellbeing.
- Manage all Sales and Aftersales operations.
- Ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales revenue through positive planning, deployment and management of employees.
- Identify objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings.
- Ensures business outputs meets customer needs.
- Understand and demonstrate customer care and high levels of customer service.
- Liaising with suppliers and buying department in order to rectify issues raised to ensure on-going improvements.
- Analysis of Management Information (MI) such as sales growth, profit and completion of Aftersales enquires in order to identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Performance Management: motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded. Ability to effectively deal with employee relations at both informal and formal levels including absence management, discipline, grievance and training considerations.
- Ensure staffing levels are maintained in order to meet business requirements.
- Visit customers as required.
- Use internal stock control, customer relationship management and sales systems.
- Manage and represent DMG at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
The successful Sales & Aftersales Manager will demonstrate:
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with the sales process, excelling at lead generation, relationship building, and closing deals.
- An understanding of motor vehicle mechanics.
- Management experience in a sales and customer service role previously.
- Quick learner with strong negotiating skills, and someone with a track record of success who can inspire the same in others.
- A leader with the ability to be collaborative with internal departments whilst coaching, advising, motivating, to create and maintain a high-performance team.
- An understanding of the Kerridge system is desirable.
- £40,040 salary
- 22 days per annum plus statutory days
- Birthday day off
- Private medical insurance
- 5 days company sick pay per annum
- Holiday purchase scheme (2 days)
- Healthcare cashback plan
- Annual All About me allowance - £100 for you
- Annual Welfare allowance - £150 toward physical and mental wellbeing
- Pension scheme (auto enrolment)
- Opportunity for overtime
- End of year hamper
- Free parking
40 hours per week. Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm with a 40-minute break.
There will be a requirement to work around these hours as required by the business. Overtime is paid in 15-minute blocks at your normal hourly rate.
Sales & Aftersales Manager
Oldbury, West Midlands
£40,040 + benefits