Senior Network Engineer is sought by a world leading pioneer of Ethernet network, cloud and hosting solutions and services based in London.
As part of continued growth they’re looking for a Network expert to take charge of their backbone and customer platforms.
You can be based either in London or Manchester UK, or in Hong Kong with Cantonese and Mandarin.
Reporting to the Network Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Ensuring smooth running of computer facilities, manage installations, configurations and daily backbone maintenance
- Ensuring smooth running of LAN/MAN/WAN i.e. ensure support level 2 and 3 switches, routers, load balancing, cloud infrastructure
- Ensuring engineering in the IP and transport networks
- Providing support level 3 to the Network Operation Centre
- Managing peerings and load balancing between network links
- Providing technical support for physical deployments
- Designing, deploying and supporting network to meet internal and customer requirements
- 3 days office based/2 days remote working
The successful Senior Network Engineer should have:
- The ideal candidate would have experience in core networking, transmission, MPLS, BGP, and security.
- Knowledge of different types of fibre - DWDM, OTN
- Experience of L2 connectivity in a large scale environment
- Exposure to OSPF & BGP and MPLS services
- At least 5 years in a similar LAN/MAN/WAN network engineering role
- Routing protocols: MPLS, MPLS-TE, BGP, OSPF
- Security: Firewalls Juniper/Fortinet, IPSec, SSL
- Lan architecture: Vlan, STP, Gateway redundancy
- Control of network equipment and CISCO, BROCADE and Juniper is an advantage
- SNMP monitoring
- Good understanding of transport networks: WDM, SDH
- Knowledge of GNU/Linux
- CCIE Level but the certification itself is not mandatory
- Ability to work with a team composed of a large panel of skills is required
- Fluent French would be beneficial but not essential
- Willingness to travel to France for two weeks for induction training
London / Manchester UK OR Hong Kong (with Cantonese and Mandarin)
To £70,000 + Benefits