Our client is a newly formed company bringing together established operations in the Renewable Power Sector, backed by a leading private equity group, which invests in clean, sustainable energy businesses. Their current growth phase has created new opportunities for Shift Plant Operators to join their existing team at their biomass fuelled 2.6MW generation plant in Eccleshall, Stafford. The company has three operational bio-energy plants and is planning to expand their interests and ventures through both development and acquisition.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant on a 24 hour shift rotation.
- Your duties will include Start up, Shut down, and monitoring the safe and efficient operation of the plant and also to deal with any abnormal conditions. Training will be provided.
- You will also be required to provide front line and routine maintenance and testing of plant equipment.
- The monitoring of the plant will be carried out from a Central Control Room and physically on the plant itself. You will be responsible for complying with the Safe System of Work.
- You will operate the plant within Environmental compliance and within the plants operating parameters at all times.
- You will aid if necessary the unloading of bulk consumable and bulk fuel delivery lorries.
- You will be expected to keep an updated shift log with plant and process changes, and also carry out a shift handover to ensure effective changeover to oncoming shift.
- Assist with all shutdown activities within the plant, ensuring plant downtime is minimised, also carry out front line maintenance to ensure plant availability is maintained.
- You will be expected to carry out other duties identified from time to time ensuring objectives are achieved for the operation and maintenance of the plant.
- You will work shifts that will include night work and be able to work unsupervised and on your own.
- You will be expected to be flexible in your approach to the work required by the plant which may include changing shift patterns and to provide cover at short notice.
- The Applicant should be from an Engineering background (electrical or mechanical)
- Previous experience on combustion, generation and/or steam raising plant would be advantageous but not necessary as training will be given on site.
- You will be required to work within a 24hr shift pattern and remain flexible to the needs of the plant and shift cover.
- You will be a reliable individual, a good team player but happy to work on your own with a willingness to learn and have an interest in clean renewable energy.
- Due to the location of the plant you will need to be car owner/driver for access to the plant.
- Base salary c£28,000 depending on experience
- Overtime available @ 1.4 rate increasing earning potential to £35k-£37k OTE
- Full training programme of 6-8 weeks for new employees
- Formal boiler training course = Certificate in Boiler Operation
- Nest Pension scheme
- Shift pattern allows for an exceptional work/life balance e.g. 14 shifts over a 5 week period
- 28 days holiday including statutory days
Shift Plant Operators
c£28,000 depending on experience + benefits
Maintenance Technician | Electrical Engineer | Mechanical Engineer | Service Engineer | Boiler Engineer | Plant Engineer | Plant Operator | Boiler Operator | Cooling Engineer | Vehicle Mechanic | General Engineering | Heating | HVAC | Refrigeration