Salary: £55,000 to £60,000+ Excellent Benefits
Our Client is world renowned as a producer of entertainment gaming equipment around the globe and can be found in prestigious gaming and entertainment resorts, to smaller exclusive clubs.
As the Technical Lead, you will report to the Chief Product and Technology officer and you will be responsible for developing our engineering talent through recruitment, mentoring, coaching and enabling the team to provide quality and timely deliveries.
You will be the guardian of our technology architecture and take responsibility for the technical output of the development team. You will have a hands-on role in the planning, execution and successful delivery of projects, ensuring technical best practices are adhered to, whilst working closely with our Product Managers with a focus on mid to long-term planning.
You will be part of a small and growing development team of software developers and firmware developers. This is a huge opportunity for someone who is a self-starter with the initiative and enthusiasm to shape and leave their mark.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIRED SKILLS
As Technical Lead, we have the following expectations:
- System Architecture: Improve and support the existing architecture system working with both software and firmware teams. You will need to see the bigger picture and build long-term and strong technical foundations.
- Functional Specifications: You will be responsible for working closely with the product team and reviewing all customer requirements and delivering to plan. You will work closely with software and firmware teams to provide this information, be a conduit between product and developers, and ensure functional and non-functional requirements are in place.
- Coding: As an expert, you will be hands-on with development teams, demonstrating what great code looks like, and applying a DevOps mindset.
- You can expect 50% of your time to be spent on coding and reviewing code.
- Building culture and best practices: You will help us become an exceptional place to work for the ambitious and highly motivated people we hire. You will use your expert tech knowledge to influence, coach and up-skill a team through implementing engineering best practices and be an inspiration to the rest of the team.
- The position will involve working closely with product, test, hardware, graphics and other teams based in UK, but also with regional teams in APAC, US and South Africa.
- Currently, the majority of the team are working remotely and most international trade shows and travel stands have been cancelled, but once restrictions are lifted, there will be potential for global travel.
- Java and or C#
- Spring / Spring MVC
- Agile development
- A selection of the following:
- HTML, CSS
- Electronic Circuits
- A strong degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
- Passionate about technology, and programming with an excitement to learn new technologies.
- Possess good communication skills – the role requires some interaction with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to create reusable high quality code where possible.
- Good team player.
- Experience working in a remote environment is desirable.
- Knowledge of the casino gaming industry is a plus.
- 23 days holidays per year plus statutory
- Life Assurance – 4 times salary
- Pension scheme 3% employer 5% employee contribution
- EAP Helpline
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work
- Free Parking
- All roles are based in York with the possibility of some remote at times.
Java and or C#|C++|Spring / Spring MVC |OpenGL | Agile development |Linux |Android | Gaming