An International Business Development Manager – Rugs is sought to join a market leader in the design and manufacture of bespoke soft flooring products. The provide soft flooring to some of the world’s most prestigious customers and are now seeking to recruit a dynamic, driven International Business Development Manager – Rugs to take the lead on all strategic planning. They are planning their next stage of growth by moving the business forward and penetrating new geographical regions Internationally as well as maintaining and increasing their present markets. The business has a presence in key global markets such as America, Australia, UK, Europe and EMEA.
The International Business Development Manager – soft flooring will ensure the external established International sales force has qualified leads and contacts with key customers to grow their business and strengthen customer relationships. This role will receive and qualify leads from various sources (marketing, lead generating, other industry specific lead sources and contact databases) and then deliver qualified leads to the external sales team. This role is critical to new sales generation, improving the quality of sales by increasing specification business. In execution of this role you will develop and grow market share within our client’s rug business.
Reporting to the MD the successful International Business Development Manager - rugs will be expected to grow the rug sales business in conjunction with carpets (when the opportunity presents itself) to deliver against a demanding but achievable revenue target. This requires an exceptional motivated individual who can also support and drive sales via specification sales and support a large dedicated team of new business sales professionals based around the globe.
- Providing inspirational leadership and occasional training to the team and ensuring they are focused on delivering sustainable profitable growth in all regions as well as first class customer service.
- Building strong relationships with key clients, supporting major bids and tenders.
- Liaising with direct clients as well as specifiers, interior designers and consultants.
- Identify and qualify key contacts within high profile customers in each territory.
- Develop existing customers base and well as new business growth via following up and converting sales leads.
- Evaluating market trends and implementing commercial strategies that will enable the business to successfully enter new markets and broaden the service portfolio.
- Building a CRM database of leads and future tenders.
- International travel may be required occasionally once it is safe to do so.
- Travel to sites throughout the UK is expected on a regular basis as face to face meetings are a must within this client base and this will include travel to multiple sites within the UK, Europe and Internationally.
The Successful International Business Development Manager - Rugs:
- Demonstrate successful specification sales development
- Have an established track record in commercial soft flooring industry specifically rugs and carpets.
- Minimum of 10 years in soft flooring
- Minimum of 4 years in rugs and carpets.
- Specification sales experience to commercial clients via specification route to market.
- Prospective candidates will be of graduate calibre with a demonstrable track record of success in sales and management roles at a senior level ideally in soft furnishings or interior design services or affiliated products.
- Experience of managing an International or global account base.
- A good command of working independently, setting priorities, multi-taking effectively and accuracy to meet deadlines.
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding business goals is a pre-requisite.
- Of equal importance are excellent leadership skills coupled with a strong commercial awareness that will impact and influence the performance and effectiveness of this high growth business.
- Experience of managing sales teams Internationally
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills is a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ms Office proficient to intermediate level
- Attractive salary plus fantastic bonus
- Home based, UK travel as required
- Company car
- Company Pension (you 3%), (client 6%)
- X4 Life Assurance
- 5 hrs per week
- Company discounts on goods
- 33 days holiday including statutory
Technical Specification Sales| Carpets & Rugs |Business Development| International Sales| Floor Coverings