An experienced GDPR Support Officer is sought by a company that plays a key role in influencing education policies. The largest of its kind in the UK, this company is driven by its commitment to making education a great industry to work in. This is a part time, 4 days per week role (28 hours per week) on a fixed term 2-year contract.
Reporting to the Technical Project Manager, as GDPR Support Officer (known within the business as GDPR Support) you will support the development, implementation and monitoring of GDPR and applicable data protection legislation compliance within the organisation. Your day to day duties will include:
- Work closely with the Data Protection Officer (DPO) to maximise awareness and understanding of data protection legislation, and compliance requirements within the legal framework, and company policies, procedures and business processes.
- Support the company’s DPO with the company’s GDPR compliance programme to ensure legal and internal compliance expectations are met, and data protection and governance is incorporated into business as usual.
- Develop monitoring and auditing processes to assess the company’s compliance against agreed compliance framework targets.
- Develop monitoring and auditing processes to track data processing activities across the organisation, and ensure security guidelines, and data processing agreements are in place with external agencies that are accessing personal data.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, teams and relevant Working Group(s) to develop and drive data protection compliance initiatives, providing support and guidance on related matters.
- Develop written guidance on GDPR aspects and subjects’ rights and undertake ‘data protection impact assessments’ (DPIAs).
- Ensure response to all data protection enquiries within the legal timeframe. This includes assisting with complaints, personal data requests, and potential GDPR breach investigations.
- Maintain and upgrade skills in line with relevant UK data protection policies and changing technology to ensure effective performance in this role.
The successful GDPR Support Officer will demonstrate:
- Current, in-depth knowledge of GDPR and relevant UK Data protection administration, and recent relevant experience of data protection legislation, and data governance or compliance frameworks
- Ability to produce clear, high quality and accessible written materials on detailed and complex issues for a range of audiences e.g. support and user documentation; procedural documents; project reports; analysis and evidence-based reports.
- Strong communication skills (including active listening skills), and ability to relate to a range of people in a range of situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Understanding of data flows and data mapping
- Experience of establishing and managing effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to evaluate information to respond to a range of queries within established guidelines and procedures
- Experience of exercising judgement and making decisions within accepted parameters
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to undertake research projects
- Well-developed literacy and numeracy skills
- Good working knowledge of MS office products
- £39,726 salary pro rata
- £1,005 lunch allowance pro rata
- 33 days holiday pro rata + bank holidays pro rata
- 4 days closure over Christmas period pro rata
- Flexitime scheme
- Annual season ticket loan scheme
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Salary sacrifice scheme
GDPR Support Officer – part time 4 days a week (28 hours per week) – 2 year fixed term contract
£39,726 pro rata + lunch allowance + benefits (all to be pro-rata to 0.8 FTE)