An experienced Graphic Designer is sought by a leading specialist financial services provider to join their marketing team based in York.
The company is highly regarded as market leaders with the majority stake in their field and with an ever growing international presence there is a unique opportunity to join at an exciting phase of growth for the company.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, as Graphic Designer you will be responsible for assisting in the design and development of a range of material consistent with the company’s brand guidelines.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Working with in-house web developers, content writers and other designers to deliver a market-leading customer journey
- Creating and developing digital assets including videos, web banners, infographics, illustrations, emails, etc.
- Designing and producing print collateral including advertising for specialised publications, inserts, etc.
- Creating e-newsletters and promotional email marketing using GetResponse or similar online platform
- Creating artworks for use on social media channels
- Working as part of the Marketing team to deliver items to agreed timescales
- Any other duties as may be required by the needs of the business
The successful candidate for the role of Graphic Designer must have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant qualifications in Graphic Design or related subject
- At least three years’ experience in a similar graphic design role
- Detailed knowledge of dedicated web, visual or UI design
- High skills level in using Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working within an environment dedicated to optimising the user experience (UX)
- Knowledge of how design work can translate to implementable solutions in web and mobile
- Excellent portfolio showcasing print and digital work
- Prepared to work extra hours when workload and priorities dictate
- Forward thinker with a keen interest and awareness of current and emerging design concepts, trends and best practices
- Driving licence and own vehicle is essential as office is not on a public transport route
- £23,000 – £28,000 depending on experience
- Up to 33 days holiday including bank holidays with loyalty entitlement on 5th year
- Great flexi time arrangement available
- Government pension
- Free parking
- Free hot drinks
- Staff nights out
- Free work wear
- On site crèche
- Staff discount
- Friendly office environment
York, North Yorkshire
£23,000 – £28,000 depending on experience + benefits