Our client who are a managed IT service provider is seeking Escalation Infrastructure Support Analyst 24/7 to join their team based in Solihull as their team is growing due to winning new client contracts.
- Maximise the use of all in-house systems to be a key member of a highly customer focused and professional Service Desk function.
- Work with your colleagues on the Client Services teams to effectively monitor customer systems and network performance, to process events and manage Incidents and Service Requests.
- Receive escalations from the Infrastructure Leads within the Client Services teams and act as overflow for these teams.
- Communicate fully and effectively with customers throughout the incident lifecycle, ensuring that at all times the customer is fully aware of the status of their incident or service request.
- Provide the highest level of service by meeting or exceeding contractual SLAs and KPIs and by proactively identifying process improvement opportunities within the department.
- Work from or travel to customer sites to provide extended Service Desk services to the customer beyond that provided from our office locations as required.
- Work with the Change Management team to write and implement change requests to ensure minimum impact to the customer when undertaking essential work and maintenance.
- Ensure that all work carried out for customers is recorded using in-house systems accurately such that work is charged correctly and no work is undertaken unbilled that should be billable or charged to the wrong contract / contract line.
- Maintain a level of technological competence that remains current and fit-for-purpose in your role, highlighting any training needs to your line manager where appropriate.
- Ensure where possible, or highlight where not, that our client fulfils its contractual obligations to its contracted services customers.
- Develop, over time, a knowledge of our customers’ businesses and organisation, including key users of technology and their needs
Essential skills and experience:
- Must have a basic understanding of switches, routers, storage and SQL, Office 365, O365, OfficeSuite
- A basic understanding of virtualisation VM Ware, windows server support, server optimisation , Softnet and cloud technologies Azure, AWS
- Ideally 3 years plus experience in escalations in a similar environment
Salary: £27,000 – £35,000 includes out of hour allowance
Based: Solihull, West Midlands
24/7 BAU Support platform – 2 shifts – 4 days on, 4 days off