PLANT MANAGER – OPERATIONS/COMMERCIAL
c£85,000 + CAR + BENEFITS + BONUS
Our client Viridor is one of the UK’s leading Recycling and Resource Management Companies and part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group. To continue their strategy and complement the demand for recycling and renewable energy, they are now at an exciting phase with their newly built state-of-the-art recycling and sustainable waste management facility in Glasgow. They require an accomplished Operations and General Manager to be fully accountable for leading, managing and developing this innovative and hi-tech plant.
You will take ownership for all aspects of the facility including, Financial and Budget Management, Key Stakeholder and Customer Management, and develop and implement a comprehensive strategy. You will optimise performance and efficiency standards to ensure maximum long term profitability and guarantee that the Facility is effective, safe, and that legal and regulatory compliance is maintained.
Key duties include;
- Day-to-day management of the Operations Management Team.
- Implement a Health and Safety Plan, Environmental Management Plan and Quality Manual in line with ISO 9001, 14001 & 18001 etc
- Managing the Operational activities of the staff and labour resources and dealing with personnel issues.
- Quality Control – Ensure all material delivered to or dispatched from site meets the relevant standard and is fit for purpose in accordance with Site Permits, Working Plans, Company Procedures and International Scientific Standards.
- Ensure all post-commissioning defects and improvements are planned, prioritised and delivered safely and efficiently.
- Lead the Technical Maintenance Team to optimise process equipment performance, uptime, and quality of outputs.
- Champion a ‘World Class Facility’ culture, continuous improvement and assess the need for lean techniques.
- Contractual Management, maintaining solid working relationships with your contractual client and Glasgow City Council, associated waste collection authorities and the Scottish Environmental Agency.
- To be the Communications interface for the Facility.
- Monitor, measure and report on operational challenges, opportunities, development plans and achievements.
- Full budgetary and Profit and Loss responsibility. Work with the Finance and Commercial Team to establish, and provide feedback on, rigorous processes for budgets, forecasts, inventory management and capital expenditure, processing initiatives, staffing and equipment needs.
- Develop operational plans and models to ensure safety, effectiveness and profitability.
- Support Management in conjunction with the Engineering and Planning Team to optimise site efficiency, and uptime, through a system of planned, preventative maintenance.
We are interested in candidates who bring exceptional operational and business process expertise and ability, and recognise the variable nature of the inputs, throughputs and outputs. You will have a demonstrable strong track record of success, expertise and aptitude in leading technical operations from a power, production/manufacturing, engineering or waste recycling/renewable environment, or related process engineering environment.
- Of graduate calibre with CEng, COTC, NEBOSH and Six Sigma green belt accreditation (LSS) highly beneficial
- Broad experience of Plant Management and PPM programmes.
- First rate commercial, financial, strategic, leadership and operational planning and management skills.
- Experience of collaborative working and inputting to business delivery, and adding value to decision making and strategy setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills with the ability to motivate multiple skilled teams across a range of disciplines.
- ‘Model the way’ highly creative strategic thinker with a hands-on capability for problem solving.
- Communication and presentation skills that work at all levels of business.
- Experience of managing complex technical operations with proper regard to environmental compliance, customer service and the interests of all stakeholders.
- Hands-on understanding and resolution of HR issues relating to day-to-day operations, business restructuring, acquisitions, and cultural integration.
- Proven expertise in delivering Change, Transformation and Project Management skills.
- Evidence of developing and planning a successful operational strategy from inception to delivery.
- Strong commercial focus, and financial and accounting awareness.
For a more detailed job description please visit our dedicated campaign site: www.apply2us.com/jobs/viridor
If you have the necessary skills, experience and knowledge and capacity to develop in the organisation then please forward a detailed CV, in confidence to our retained partners Harbury Consulting for the attention of our lead consultant Hardeep Lall. If you wish to have a private and confidential discussion prior to your application, or wish to establish the recruitment timetable, then please call 01327 317705. Closing date for applications……….
No Agencies – To ensure a fair and consistent process all third party applications will be redirected to Harbury Consulting.