An experienced Sales Manager a is sought by a 3-star hotel and conference centre based near Bedford. Part of one of the largest hotel chains in the UK, the hotel can cater for over 100 guests, with over 50 bedrooms. The conference centre is the perfect location for any event including conferences, birthdays, weddings and training courses with four various sized meeting rooms available. This is a part time role, three days a week.
Reporting to the General Manager and working closely with the Group Director of Sales, you will be responsible for generating new business, maintaining account profiles and growing market share through proactive sales, building relationships with new accounts. Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- To constantly be aware of new business opportunities within the local and surrounding areas and action these
- Support Meetings and Events and Reservation department to achieve budgeted revenue
- Researching Competitor activity and contacting lapsed users and new client markets.
- Set weekly appointment targets – 10 client appointments per week
- Flexibility to work one evening per week, this is part of competitor research and also understanding who’s staying within your hotel (OTA Evenings)
- Agent Visits in conjunction with the hotel group.
- To follow up leads by visiting prospective clients regularly, often enough to maintain their interest but not too often to alienate them.
- To achieve or better budgets sales targets by researching, using different methods, such as car park checks, Glenigan, local papers, Social Media
- To maintain communication with the client once the contract is opened and shows an ongoing interest in the operation.
- To complete a daily/weekly log of all activities
- Keep pile line of sales open by monitoring key market segments, LNR, Project, Meetings and Events
The successful Sales Manager will demonstrate:
- A natural rapport with people and sound sales skills preferably with extensive experience in the hotel industry
- Prepared to work part time 3 days per week
- An excellent telephone manner and strong negotiating skills.
- Strong organisational skills and good attention to detail
- A good knowledge of computers and the willingness and ability to learn and understand new reservations systems and processes
- Confidence in letter and e-mail writing and the ability to be proactive as well as reactive
- An ability to think laterally and to work under pressure
- To be results driven and have the desire to be a key member of the sales team
- £30,000 pro rata
- Company car
- 28 days holiday including stats pro rata
- Bonus scheme
- Free parking
- Work based Pension
- Staff benefits when staying in other group properties
Sales Manager – Part Time
Near Bedford, Bedfordshire
£30,000 pro rata + benefits