Shift Manager sought by a world leader in the manufacture of automotive components. The company provides quality products, services and solutions worldwide with customers in over 150 countries.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing a shift to achieve KPI targets in production, quality, manning levels, delivery, health and safety. You’ll support the Vision and Strategy by engaging in Way Improvement Events, taking a leading role in the development of shopfloor capabilities, and acting as lead on business led projects. You’ll also have site responsibility out of office hours. Your duties will include:
- Working flexible shifts to support production and projects
- Manufacturing and shipping of around 10,000 foam pieces per shift to 5 different customers
- Drive Health & Safety objectives in the Manufacturing function
- Lead, manage and develop the shift so that Team Leaders understands their objective and lead their team members to achieve KPIs
- Own and manage the 5S standards
- Day to day push for Machine Utilisation (MU) / Quality / Customer Satisfaction (PPM)
- Continually lead and support Right First Time (RFT) activities
- Drive Continuous Improvement (CI) focusing on RFT, Quality, Scrap & Process Improvements
- Fully support CI and drive/champion projects as and when required
- Manage cost reduction by controls of all costs, including overtime and consumables.
- Ensure training & development needs are addressed to enable job rotation/flexibility & upskilling
- Positively champion the HPT process as Facilitator Guides
- Control team’s holidays and manage absenteeism as per Company policies.
- Lead and supervise ancillary areas.
- Ensure all documentation and reporting for the shift is completed accurately and efficiently
- Coach, mentor and develop Team Leaders
- Plan and organise workload of self and others and follow through on actions
- Oversee training to ensure TMs have the required skillset for shift rotation
- Actively drive employee engagement and champion success
- Any other duties normally encompassed within a middle management role
The successful Shift Manager should have:
- Degree in Engineering/Manufacturing or equivalent qualification.
- Experience of working in a similar, high pressurised manufacturing environment ideally automotive but consideration will be given to plastics, chemicals
- Leadership and management experience
- ILM Level 4 or equivalent qualification with openness to progress to a sponsored L5 programme is beneficial
- Strong Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal & communication skills to foster teamwork and achieve business objectives
- Flexibility is essential – working Shifts: 6am – 2pm, 2pm – 10pm, 10pm – 6am or any agreed shift to support and project lead when required
Wednesbury, West Midlands
Excellent salary + shift allowance + benefits